Vacancy in Australia for Oil gas Company, Chevron
Job Title: Reservoir Engineer
Requisition Number: 05854356
Employment Status: Full Time
State: Western Australia
Overview of Position: The Chevron -operated Gorgon Project is one of the world’s largest natural gas projects and Australia’s largest single resource project. It will develop the Greater Gorgon Area gas fields, Australia’s largest-known natural gas resource and includes the construction of a gas plant on Barrow Island off the north-west coast of Western Australia. Chevron is currently looking for creative, knowledgeable and skilled people to join the Gorgon Project team as initial construction work starts.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Reservoir Engineer to support the CO2 Subsurface team and work with other Engineers and Earth Scientists to position the CO2 Project to achieve key drilling and operational milestones.
Key skills and experience required:
- Sound reservoir engineering and reservoir simulation background gained from previous experience in a similar role
- Experience with complex recovery processes such as gas-condensate reservoirs, miscible gas injection or any unique projects will be highly regarded
- Sound knowledge of reservoir engineering software and understanding of its applications
- Attention to detail and commitment to meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner
- Confident and clear written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of individuals across all levels and disciplines
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free workplace
In return for these skills, attributes and experience, Chevron Australia will reward you with an exciting role, a competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake reservoir simulation – build, validate and maintain dynamic reservoir models including upscaling of geological models and history-matching where required
- Undertake development planning – use dynamic models to assist selecting well locations and test well design alternatives
- Assist in preparing documents for well and operations planning
- Coordinate lab work or external studies (e.g. core and fluid analysis) as required, interpret results and communicate implications
- Commitment to health, environment, safety and Chevron best practices
Position Close Date: Thursday 23, June 2011. 3pm WST
If you are interested in this position, you must respond online. No phone, fax or email inquiries from potential applicants, external recruiters or other interested parties, please.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity Employer