Nike Inc. is a major publicly traded sportswear and equipment supplier based in the United States. The company is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, which is part of the Portland metropolitan area. It is the world's leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment with revenue in excess of $18.6 billion USD in its fiscal year 2008 (ending May 31, 2008). As of 2008, it employed more than 30,000 people worldwide. Nike and Precision Castparts are the only Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the state of Oregon, according to The Oregonian.
The World’s Leading Sports & Fitness Company is seeking high caliber candidate for the following position:
CHINA TEST ENGINEER
She/he will work with various groups to support NIKE China Shoe Testing, including support of studies related to new test methods that may be requested by the Chinese government. The Test Engineer will support procedure discussions, coordinate sample and testing schedule, conduct the tests and studies related to the test methods and report the results to related groups. This role will interact with all of the Nike Asia labs, category contacts, materials, engineering and potentially factory labs. She/he also needs to regularly update issues and new protocols in China Shoe Testing to related parties through weekly meeting calls, verbal discussion and e-mail communication.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Materials or Bio Mechanical Engineering.
- Two to three years experience in laboratory test procedures, data collection, data analysis, and/or product development is required. Experience in sports equipment testing or product development (particularly footwear) is strongly desired.
- Excellent English and computer literacy are essential.
- Organization and planning skills, ability to do multiple tasks
- Ability to work with and collaborate with other functions across countries, vendors and factory groups.
For further information please check our web:
If you think you are qualified and interested, please send your application letter and resume to:
Closing date submission is 18 June 2011
Only candidates who meet the qualifications will be invited for an interview and no e-mail or telephone queries will be entertained.
Late submission will not be considered