MicroSun Technologies LLC is the leading global source for customized portable energy needs. MicroSun's team applies cutting-edge technology and innovative engineering to the design, assembly and testing of battery packs and chargers/conditioners. MicroSun's patented thermal management system makes lithium-ion batteries a viable option for high-power and high-temperature applications. With operations in the United States and overseas, MicroSun supports high-volume and low-volume manufacturing for a diverse customer base. The company employs more than 200 people worldwide.
Procurement Engineer / Senior Procurement Engineer
Reporting to :
Job Objective :
Handle a wide and complex variety of procurement duties related to material and equipment purchases. The role requires a good technical experience in Electrical-Electronics with a good commercial experience in order to be able to perform purchasing activities from local and international markets.
- Relevant purchasing/ procurement background with an appreciation of product costing.
- Exposure to Supply Chain Management and Materials Requirement Planning systems.
- Familiar with approach to Value Analysis/ Value Engineering to reduce cost of manufacturing.
- With minimum of 3 years' relevant professional experience.
- Strong practical knowledge in reading and understanding technical specifications.
- Experience in strategic procurement planning.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple activities.
- Fluent in English, Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and knowledge of SAP.
Key Responsibilities in Assisting Material Manager :
- Evaluate and qualify vendor capability and capacity.
- Manage activities in supplier communication, sourcing and selection.
- Responsible for vendor development and support supply chain management activities.
- Familiarity with OEM/ standard parts buying.
- To review / assess technical specification, BoM (Bill of Materials) and drawings to determine suitable vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate all purchasing requisitions to ensure clarity and completeness in description of material and equipment.
- To review vendors and suppliers quotations to determine best price and deliver date.
- Ability to prepare and issue requests for quotations to qualified vendors as per company’s approved vendor list.
- To review quotations of identified technical and commercial specifications received from the vendors and suppliers.
- To prepare & issue purchase orders in accordance with selected suppliers, price and technical specifications.
- Strong negotiation skills with suppliers to ensure that target prices, company’s terms and conditions are met.
- Detailed planning and reporting activities related to procurement.
- Prepare comparative analyses documents related to specs, price, delivery conditions and mode of transportation.
- Coordinate various technical reviews with relevant Program Manager in HQ.
Degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical, Purchasing / Material Management or equivalent
Interested candidates kindly send in your resume to the following address:
Cc to: email@example.com
Person in-charge: Ms. Aida @ Ms. Susan Wong (07-5991960)